1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. Love PhoGro? Want to support it and get some perks at the same time? Become a Premium Member today!
  3. Your monthly challenge for October is Multiple Perspectives. Enjoy!

PhoGro Update February Update 2017

Discussion in 'PhoGro News/Announcements' started by John Davenport, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Over the last few days I've done quite a bit of work on the site and wanted to add some change notes so that everyone knows what's new.

Advert Changes
    • Moved some ads around, testing performance. Please let me know if anything is getting in the way of using the site.
    Updated the How to Use This Forum section
    • Added some more helpful tips for new members here. Let me know if you think anything else needs explaining.
    New Emojis
    • Added some new ways to express yourself through the power of emoji. Have fun! :emoji_blush::emoji_anguished::emoji_astonished::emoji_call_me:
    New Logo
    • This is a few weeks old now, but if you were paying attention you'll have noticed a slight change to the logo for PhoGro.
    General Stability and Performance Updates
    • Also made sure that we are up-to-date with all of the software versions.

#1 John Davenport, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Lynne, Ron and Peter like this.
  2. Hi John. Not sure if it is related to the updates or not, but not only have I not seen any new emoji's I now can not access any emoji's at all when I try to reply to a post. Something weird and I don't know if it is my computer or the updates or what. Just thought I would do this as an FYI

3. Hmmm... I still can see them! :emoji_confused:

Maybe the way they displayed changed with the update? In the text editor there's a smiley face next to the Image button. If you click this it will open up the emjoi panel with "Smilies" (the original set) and "People" which is the newly added set of selected traditional emojis that you may see on your phone.

4. Yes, that used to happen for me too, and I used the emoji's often but now there is no panel, no text editor panel showing and so no smiley button to click on to open up the emoji panel down below. Don't know why. Maybe something to do with my computer? Will have to try and figure it out. Anyway, guess it is nothing to do with the update.

5. Try this... is there small font that says "Use Rich Text Editor" under your text box? Maybe you inadvertently clicked on the tool button which switched your text editor to a simplified version. If you see that wording click on it and you should have the regular text editor back.

6. Hi John; Thanks for your efforts, but, no, there isn't anything like that. Something has changed in the last week or 10 days or so and I just wondered if it might have been that update but it seems pretty clear now that it is not that as no one else has reported those problems and you can still see the text editor box, emoji's etc, so it can't be that. I will just have to poke around some more and see if I can find the solution locally on my computer.

7. Okay good luck!

8. I still have my full text icons Patricia:) ;)

9. I still have my full text Icons and it doesn't seem to be locking up as much as it used to. :);):p