1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. I've recently activated the premium membership tier here at PhoGro. You can read all about it and how to sign up in this thread.
  3. Your challenge theme for the month of March is "Black and White Photography". Share your photos here!

Photo Share King Parrot.

Discussion in 'Share Your Shots' started by John S, Jan 10, 2017.

1. This rather elusive bird has been avoiding me for some time now. This afternoon he, and a chick, landed on next door's tomato plants after the chick gorged itself on our Lilly Pilly tree. Gotcha. The bright orange on his head goes all the way down the breast to the feet. In flight he is a blur of bright orange and green.
    Edit: It's actually a lilli pilli tree.

Attached Files:

#1 John S, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. Great shots John, they are a magnificent bird. For those who might want to see the front I'll post a separate picture I took a few years back.

3. Magnificent Bird indeed. Well done John

4. Lovely bird well captued John.

5. Both great shots.. No. 2, is best ..looking over his shoulder.. Colorful. TFS

6. What a bird. Both shots are wonderful. Love! the second shot John. The light and netting and angles are all interesting though they could hardly upstage that fellow..

7. Lovely shot, well captured, John!

8. Nice that you were ready to capture these just when the opportunity presented. No 2 is quite nice.