1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. I've recently activated the premium membership tier here at PhoGro. You can read all about it and how to sign up in this thread.
  3. Your challenge theme for the month of March is "Black and White Photography". Share your photos here!

Photo Share Liberty Bridge or Freedom Bridge

Discussion in 'Share Your Shots' started by Don Barton, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Budapest, Hungary

Attached Files:

2. By the way, other than an exposure adjustment, this is how my camera saw this bridge. I like it because of the colour, but it's my colour preferences that are most roundly criticised on these forums. By the way, this is a tourist snap I took as we walked along the River Danube on a beautiful August night in Budapest. At that time my interest in photography was in its latent stage. I shot this with a Fujifilm FinePix S100FS 11.1 MP Digital Camera

René likes this.
  3. I like this one, Don. Perhaps, to your taste it might be boring? But to me it has drama and power and I like it a lot. Perhaps because I am also drawn to low-key photos? Different strokes for different folks. But that is what makes the world a more interesting place. (I'm assuming that we have to allow everyone here to have their own taste/preference and allow them to express their like/dislike for a particular photo, so long as there isn't any name-calling, etc: unless we are going to try to tell people that if they can't say something nice then they shouldn't say anything at all? But that seems a little restrictive to me, although I guess John D and the community would have to be the final arbiters on that.) Anyway, this one I like, FWIW. Love the architecture of the bridge and of the building, the lovely blue and the gold as well and the dark waters and sky.

René likes this.
  4. I like the colours here also. I didn't touch the image because I thought it represented the very colourful scene well. Also, the shot was hand held and is a little soft as a result.

5. I also like the bridge, reflections, buildings and lights. The composition is great, although the sky is a bit dark, it adds to the drama. Just goes to show yes, sometimes less is more. A great shot for a novice, Don.

6. All of the above. I like it Don as it is.