1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. Love PhoGro? Want to support it and get some perks at the same time? Become a Premium Member today!
  3. Your monthly challenge for December is sunrise/sunset photography. Have fun!

Photo Share More Monks!

Discussion in 'Share Your Shots' started by Ani Paldron, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Yet more monks!

Attached Files:

2. Really nice portraits Ani, particularly the second and third shots.
    I find it strange to see a Buddhist monk with a camera and what looks like a pretty decent watch, perhaps he's their Press Officer and therefore needs such things! Did you have the nerve to tell him that lens hoods don't work that way round? :)
    TFS

3. As Keith said Really nice shots. Love 2 and 3 especially. I could learn lots from you as these are the types of portraits I love taking. Well done TFS

4. Colour - colour - colour = WOW!

5. Great shots of a wonderful subject. Re the camera and watch, it is more than probable that he comes from a wealthy family. I know the monks don't earn anything and begging for food is really a way for the locals to show respect. As for personal wealth and belongings I really don't know.

6. These are the types of portraits we all would love to be taking - if we could. WoW. Love 2 and 3 as well, but 1 is also interesting for a different reason. 2 looks like it should be in a photo contest or exhibition. Love the perspective and DoF is just perfect.

7. Yeah, that is an interesting sociological take on the whole monk culture.

8. Great portraits, Ani. I love the second shot, perhaps because that's I how I think of monks - serene & serious.