1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. Love PhoGro? Want to support it and get some perks at the same time? Become a premium member today find out more here.
  3. Your challenge theme for the month of April is "Food Photography". Share your photos here!

Photo Share More Monks!

Discussion in 'Share Your Shots' started by Ani Paldron, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Yet more monks!

Attached Files:

2. Really nice portraits Ani, particularly the second and third shots.
    I find it strange to see a Buddhist monk with a camera and what looks like a pretty decent watch, perhaps he's their Press Officer and therefore needs such things! Did you have the nerve to tell him that lens hoods don't work that way round? :)
    TFS

3. As Keith said Really nice shots. Love 2 and 3 especially. I could learn lots from you as these are the types of portraits I love taking. Well done TFS

4. Colour - colour - colour = WOW!

5. Great shots of a wonderful subject. Re the camera and watch, it is more than probable that he comes from a wealthy family. I know the monks don't earn anything and begging for food is really a way for the locals to show respect. As for personal wealth and belongings I really don't know.

6. These are the types of portraits we all would love to be taking - if we could. WoW. Love 2 and 3 as well, but 1 is also interesting for a different reason. 2 looks like it should be in a photo contest or exhibition. Love the perspective and DoF is just perfect.

7. Yeah, that is an interesting sociological take on the whole monk culture.

8. Great portraits, Ani. I love the second shot, perhaps because that's I how I think of monks - serene & serious.