1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. Love PhoGro? Want to support it and get some perks at the same time? Become a Premium Member today!
  3. Your photography challenge for the month of July is a scavenger hunt of sorts find letters or words in your world. Enjoy!

Prisma

Discussion in 'Smartphone Apps' started by John Davenport, Jul 23, 2016.

1. I've been addicted to Prisma for a few days now. It's sort of like Topaz Impression for your phone, but without nearly as much control. You essentially have these filters which turn a photograph into drawn art. Here are a few examples....

IMG_0919.jpg IMG_0921.jpg IMG_0924.jpg

Now, of course this sort of thing isn't for everyone, but I've been enjoying the process of creating these art pieces from photos I've taken. If you're a Prisma user feel free to share some of your photos in the thread.

2. John is that you in the centre photo?

3. It is! At the summit of Mt Washington (highest peak in New England. Winds were blowing at near hurricane force (which is typical for the summit).

4. BTW, I see that Prisma for Android is also available. Just downloaded it and will give it a play.

René likes this.
  5. Saw that this morning - I was surprised to see them release it that quickly. "Soon" in software development rarely means within a week. :p

6. Ive just downloaded a free image manipulation tool for Ipad.
    Its not by any means a professional tool, more a fun app, but it gives some very nice results in seconds.
    It is called PRISMA.
    Here is an image I took the other day with a quick play on Prisma,

Attached Files:

#6 Breezy, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  7. Could you be a bit more concise? ;)

Breezy likes this.
  8. A man of few words.:)

9. I don't know what happened there Sometimes it is hard to get a word in.

Peter likes this.
  10. Note: I decided to merge my original thread with @Breezy 's thread from a different forum. Both were talking about this app. :)

11. I just went to the summit a month or so ago. Winds weren't too bad that day and what a view!

John Davenport likes this.
  12. Hey Ron which John are you talking to here.:confused:

13. Now then Peter. He's just had a bunch of needles. Who knows what was in them.

14. Well I certainly knew it wasn't you. The guy is the photo is better looking.

John Davenport likes this.
  15. I've posted 10 or so pics using Prisma on my Instagram account. It's much faster now rendering effects, and they've added a whole bunch as well. You can see mine here on Instagram.

René likes this.