1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. Love PhoGro? Want to support it and get some perks at the same time? Become a premium member today find out more here.
  3. April showers... bring May flowers and thus your challenge for the month of May is to photograph flowers. Enjoy!

Sony a6000 and 150mm - 6oomm Lens

Discussion in 'Photography Gear' started by Ron, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Hi all I know there are at least 4 a6000s in the group. Has anyone used the Tamron or Sigma lenses with these cameras? any comments welcome.

2. Hi Ron
    I haven't used either of these lenses but I have tried a Tamron 90mm macro on both Viltrox and Sigma MC-11 adapters, and a Sigma 17-70mm on the MC-11.
    The Tamron + Viltrox combination didn't work at all. With the MC-11 there is aperture control but no AF.
    The Sigma lens and MC-11 adapter work well with full AF functions, with the possible exception of eye detection which I've yet to try.
    Sigma list both their 150-600mm zooms as supported on the MC-11 so I'd be ok with either of them. However I would steer clear of the Tamron.
    I've no experience of Metabones adapters which, for all I know, may work well with Tamron lenses.
    Hope that helps a little.

3. Thanks Keith For this information. I am hoping the other Sony users can also throw a bit of information this way so will wait to see what they say.

Ceri likes this.