1. Welcome to PhoGro! Please login or create an account to participate in the conversations.
  2. Love PhoGro? Want to support it and get some perks at the same time? Become a Patron today!
  3. Your monthly challenge for May is Low Light. Have fun!

Please Read Three Things To Avoid on PhoGro

Discussion in 'How to use this forum' started by John Davenport, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread hijacking historically has not been a problem on PhoGro and I think we owe this to the culture and respect that this community breathes amongst its members, but I do want to put a general guide here for new members as the site continues to grow.

1.) Posting Your Own Photos in Someone Else's Thread

If you are inspired by someone's photograph and want to share something of a similar subject or scene, create your own thread and either @mention and/or link back to their original thread with your photograph. This allows you to start a new discussion focused on your photograph, while not interrupting the discussion that was happening surrounding your fellow member's photograph.

2.) Editing Other People's Work Without There Permission

Unless you've been given permission to work on someone's photograph assume that it is not okay to do so.

Two exceptions to this rule are:
    1. The Community Edit Forum: By posting in this forum is it understood that the photograph is freely submitted for the community to edit at their minds content.
    2. Within the Image Review Forum: There's one exception. You don't have to ask for permission to download and showcase as tweak to the crop of the image as we all understand it can be somewhat difficult to explain this type of thing with words.

3.) Advertising, Spamming, or Other off topic behavior or discussions.

I'm pretty opened minded and will allow most discussion to take place here. What I don't want to have happen is for things to get out of hand to the point where it becomes a hostile environment or one that people are competing for attention. Keep things civil and organized and you'll be off to a great start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.