Daily Photo – The Stars Are Falling!
Okay, I know it’s a bit different today, no intro, no warning, just the photo right there at the top of the page. I’m really proud of this shot and wanted to just cut to the chase – I hope you like it!
I’ve Always Wanted to Attempt a Star Trails Photograph
As many of you already know I was on vacation this past week in the middle of no-where New England – just what I call paradise – and while there I was able to accomplish two things on my photography bucket list.
- Create a star trail photograph (seen above)
- Successfully complete a sunrise time-lapse
What Are Star Trails?
About the Photo and Time-lapse
- Photos in time-lapse video (seen below) – 107
- Photos in final image above – 63 (I cut the ones with the clouds for the photo)
- Hours photographing – ~2.5 + 1 hour set up
- Hours editing photo and video – ~6
- Music in time-lapse – Yours truly improvising on the guitar (My college years hobby).
- Software – LR4, PS, Quicktime 7, Garage Band, iMovie
A lot of time and effort went into this photo and video and I am really pleased with the results. I hope that you agree and that you’ll do me a favor and share it with your friends – Thank you for being awesome fans!
For those who are curious – Yes the above photograph is for sale and I’d be honored if you’d hang it on your wall.